Ski Industry Continues to Feel Impact of COVID-19 Coronavirus
Events are being cancelled, ski areas are closing, and financial losses are mounting.
Friday, March 13, 2020, NewEnglandSkiIndustry.com
As the President declared a National Emergency today due to the COVID-19 coronavirus, the New England ski industry is seeing a growing impact.
Ski areas in three states thus far have cancelled the rest of their season, citing COVID-19.
- Berkshire East and Catamount were the first to close, despite having recently made snow.
- Middlebury will close after this weekend.
- Mohawk Mountain announced the end of its season this afternoon.
- Cochran's has announced it will be closing its cafeteria.
- Jay Peak and Burke will be closing at the end of Saturday.
- Loon will not operate its gondola.
Events across New England have been cancelled while ski areas reassess operations. Additional COVID-19 related closures may be forthcoming.
Meanwhile, Vail Resorts has retracted its 2020 financial outlook amid uncertainty.